Latest Blog Post
Easy DNS switching on OS X
I’m currently using my Raspberry Pi B+ as an ad-blocker. It works great. Install Ad-blocker on your Raspberry Pi If you have an up-to-date Raspberry Pi running Raspbian, you can install this by running a single command, here: http://jacobsalmela.com/instant-raspberry-pi-ad-blocker/ Make sure you assign a static IP to your Raspberry Pi: http://www.modmypi.com/blog/tutorial-how-to-give-your-raspberry-pi-a-static-ip-address By default your Pi […]
- Fallout 4 Collector's Edition comes with a real Pip-Boy that you can strap onto your wrist | Android Central – So, so good! I want this.
- Hands-On With iOS 9's New iPad Multitasking Feature - Mac Rumors – Looks great!
- Memory-Boosting Research Could Help Soldiers Recall Skills – Previous studies in animals have shown that after memories are stored, they are unconsciously reactivated during sleep and wakefulness. This reactivation has been linked to a process called "neural replay," in which patterns of brain activity resemble the same patterns present when a memory is being encoded. It is this replay process that DARPA aims to harness in order to improve memory.
- Encryption Works: How to Protect Your Privacy in the Age of NSA Surveillance | Freedom of the Press Foundation
- Ed Snowden Taught Me To Smuggle Secrets Past Incredible Danger. Now I Teach You. - The Intercept
- Facebook introduces PGP encryption for sensitive emails | Technology | The Guardian
- Circular – Draw a perfect circle. Simple and addictive game.
- The Pencilsword: On a plate - The Wireless
- Hippocampus Shape, Not Bulk Volume, Indicates How Well Our Memory Functions – Taking this observation one step further, they found that people with a broader shaped hippocampus tended to perform better on memory tests than others. In fact, shape differences were better predictors of memory function than volume.
Books I'm Reading
- How Linux Works: What Every Superuser Should Know — view] [
- Gut: the inside story of our body's most under-rated organ — view] [
- Modern PHP — view] [
- The Naked Trader: How Anyone Can Still Make Money Trading Shares — view] [
- Practical Vim: Edit Text at the Speed of Thought — view] [
Want to read: my Goodreads 'to read' list